*Breakfast and lunch are included with Full Registration & Friday Registration
Lunch is included with Full Registration & Saturday Registration
*Lunch included with Saturday Sponsorship
Click on the Sponsor Button to Sponsor or Exhibit
TRAVEL INFORMATION COMING SOON!
Including Lodging Options & Location Maps
The opportunity to learn about the increasingly relevant topic of urban wood utilization in California does not come around often and is not to be missed. We urge you to join urban forest managers, researchers, industry professionals and woodworkers alike as we entertain the conversation of expanding and sustaining our urban forest products market by considering the true value of trees for more than just the benefits they give us while alive.
1) Opening Reception Thursday Evening April 2, 2015
2) Conference Friday April 3rd, 2015
3) Urban Wood Fair and Art Show* - Open to the public and industry (more info below)
Saturday April 4th 8:00am – 3:30pm
Industry Leaders in Technology, Research, Design, Education, Woodworking, Mechanics, Best Practices & Funding
Cabinet & Furniture Technology Department
San Marcos, CA
Call 415-479-8733 with questions or email firstname.lastname@example.org
* Urban Wood Fair and Art Show
Open to the public and industry
Saturday April 4th 8am – 3:30pm
Come and see hands on demonstrations!
· Sawmills Woodmizer, Lucas and others
· Wood drying kilns dehumidification and vacuum kilns.
· Chainsaw carving by Big John
· Meet manufactures reps for urban wood milling equipment
· Meet and share ideas with some of the top urban wood workers
and producers in CA
· Learn about wood working characteristics for urban trees
· Learn where to access urban wood for your product manufacturing
· Multiple demonstrations happening every hour all day
· Free to the public, lunch requires cost and pre-registration
· Urban wood products will be available for sale
· Art show is free to enter any artist for items made from urban wood just pre-register
· Additional vendors and demonstration space available at low cost registration
Be part of recycling and keep it local-use urban wood for furniture, architectural millwork, flooring, cabinetry,and other non-structural uses.
Here's some of the networking, fun, and amazing educational
opportunities that were part of the 2014 conference!
"A wonderful thank you to you and your staff!
The 2014 California Urban & Community Forests Conference
was the best professional gathering I have ever attended.
From the quality of the speakers, the venue,
soiree and conference agenda, I am extremely happy
I received the opportunity to attend.
Looking forward to next years event."
2012 Partners in Community Forestry National Conference
November 13-15, 2012 in Sacramento, CA
We were proud to recognize the California Urban Forests Council
2011 California Urban Forestry Award Winners
Click here for the press release
Click here for full list of recipients
Click here for the Presentation from the Awards Ceremony
2011 California Urban and Community Forest Conference:
Connecting people, trees and communities
September 15 - 17, 2011 in Palo Alto, CA
2010 California Urban and Community Forest Conference
Pechanga Resort in Temecula, California!
Conference participants and 2010 CAUFC Board President, Cindy McCall, join Pechanga's Raymond Basquez Jr., of the Cultural Resources Department, for a ceremonial tree planting!
CaUFC awards Doug Wildman (Program Director of Friends of the Urban Forest), and Kelaine Vargas (Project Lead of SF Urban Forest Map), for their innovative SF Urban Forest Map.
Pechanga's 2000 year-old oak inspires the group.
We are enormously grateful to our 2010 Conference sponsors: